Search This Blog

Monday, January 7, 2008

The snow is gone

I have mixed emotions about all the snow having melted. The warm weather does give me spring fever, but the backyard bird visitors have dropped off substantially. One good thing about this weather is I can plant seeds in my garden now. You're probably thinking I'm crazy, but most of our kansas wildflowers need to be planted in winter to get the seeds to break their dormancy. The freezing and thawing and cooler temps will do that to the seeds so that they germinate in the spring. I plan to plant some things today.

2 comments:

suspiciously pleased said...

i love reading about you garden . . . it makes me excited about the possibility of doing something with mine.

and i hope to get some more great gardening tips, like that one about planting wildflowers in the winter.

Jeff Hansen said...

Is this roxy renee rogers? I dont think your last name is rogers but it could be!